- FMI Library
- Log in
FMI Library (FMIL) is a software package written in C that enables integration of Functional Mock-up Units (FMUs) import in applications. FMI Library is an independent open-source implementation of the FMI open standard (www.fmi-standard.org). The library provides a C API for interacting with all parts of FMUs, including unzipping, loading of shared object files (DLLs) contained in FMUs, as well as parsing of XML model metadata files. The user is thereby relieved from managing the details of FMU interaction, which significantly reduce the time required to implement FMU import capabilities.
FMI Library is suitable in contexts where FMUs need to be integrated in existing applications or in custom software projects.
- Full support for FMI for Model Exchange 1.0
- Full support for FMI for Co-simulation 1.0
- A unified C API encapsulating all parts of the FMU interaction, including ZIP, DLL and XML management
- Build system based on CMake, enabling generation of native build scripts (MSVC on Windows, GCC on Linux and Mac)
- Extensive API documentation in HTML format
Full support for FMI for Model Exchange and Co-simulation 2.0 beta 4 in FMI Library 2.0a1 with the following modifications:
- Modified and corrected standard header files as proposed in tickets #86, #87 and #88 at https://trac.fmi-standard.org/
- Removed fmiGetPartialDerivatives interface function as decided during the FMI meeting Sep 07, 2012
FMI Library is the basis of the official FMI Compliance Checker (www.fmi-standard.org/downloads) provided by the Modelica Association.
Note that FMI Library 2.0a1 is backward compatible with the 1.0.1 release. It supports both FMI 1.0 and 2.0 beta 4 specifications and contains a number of bug fixes as compared to the 1.0.1. The ‘alpha’ status concerns FMI 2.0 support due to limited testing.
The source code is available from the JModelica.org Subversion server at https://svn.jmodelica.org/FMILibrary/trunk.
|Source||Windows binaries||Release date|
- FMI Library 1.0.1 (html with frames | html without frames | pdf)
- FMI Library 2.0a1 (html with frames | html without frames | pdf)
FMIL is licensed under the BSD license.