This post contains important information about non-backward compatible changes in the simulation framework of JModelica.org that will break user code. Please read carefully.
One of the crucial remaining issues before the release 1.2.0 can be made is to fully integrate Assimulo into the platform, to remove all dependencies of PySUNDIALS and then update all examples and tests to use Assimulo instead of the old simulation framework. In preparation for this operation, the following actions has been taken:
- Christian has integrated Assimulo into the JModelica Python package and there are now several examples that runs.
- I have integrated Assimulo into the build system of JModelica:
- Assimulo is now an external svn repo of the JModelica dito
- Assimulo is compiled whenever JModelica is compiled
- The built Assimulo package is copied to the directory $(JMODELICA_HOME)/Python/Assimulo
- I have tested this on Linux, Mac and Windows and it seems to be working.
- If the argument --with-sundials is provided to configure, then Assimulo is built and installed, but only then (same behavior as for --with-ipopt)
Therefore, I think that we (well, Christian :)) are ready to proceed to do the actual switch from PySUNDIALS to Assimulo:
- Update all examples and tests
- Remove all dependencies on PySUNDIALS
- Add the Assimulo tests to the 'stddist' test suite.
- Remove the packages jmodelica.simulation.sundials and jmodelica.optimization.sundials. THIS CHANGE WILL CAUSE CURRENT USER SCRIPTS TO FAIL.
*** This means that Assimulo will be considered a necessary a dependency just like Ipopt: tests will fail if it is not installed ***
Notice that before you start working with Assimulo you should:
- remove any local installation of Assimulo that you may have in your python installation
- Install Cython
- Build (linux, mac) Sundials 2.4.0
I have updated the INSTALL file and also the instructions on the home page (Windows users)
***Please let me know if there are any problems when following the updated instructions or if any other issues pop up. ***
Notice that the extra actions currently needed for Windows are temporary until we have had the chance to build a new version of the SDK.
- FMI Library
- Log in